I’d like to welcome you to our Candle Making website. This site contains recipes, instructions, advice and information about candle making aimed both at experienced candle makers and newcomers to this creative craft.
We also feature news about promotions and new products on our shop site MakingYourOwnCandles.co.uk which supplies professional-quality kits and materials that can’t be found anywhere else.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Peta & Kev Partner
I hope you’re enjoying the (slightly) better weather to make some summery candles. We’re working on some new special offers for May and to make some space we’re offering a Spring Clean Sale – get 20% Off EVERYTHING in the shop (except products in our Special Offers category).
Please use the voucher code “SPRINGCLEAN” during checkout to get your 20% discount – 1 order per customer. This code will only work 100 times overall so please make sure you get your order in quickly if you want to use it. And if you’ve bought from us twice before, you get an automatic 5% discount on every subsequent order – on top of any other discounts!
Love is in the air, and we’re all fixed for a romantic night in here at Making Your Own Candles! We picked up some silicone moulds, intended for making cupcakes and ice cubes in, from our local £1 shop and made cute little heart shaped candles in them. 200g blended paraffin wax made 2 larger and 12 small candles. We used a blend of 2g Windsor red dye and 0.5g Plum Purple to create a warm rich red colour, and we scented our candles with a rich Cherry scent.
An alternative if you prefer a container candle, would be to use our lovely little range of heart shaped tins to make some candles in – our Pro-C container wax will give you excellent results! And when you have burned your candles, you can refill the tins in time for your Anniversary celebrations!!
Here’s what I used;
Here’s how I made the candles;
- Wash silicone moulds
- Melt 200g blended paraffin wax in a double saucepan
- Add 3g dye and stir
- When the wax is fully melted, add scent and stir
- Switch off the heat and pour your wax into the moulds slowly and carefully – remember with a small mould the wax will fill the space available very very quickly!
- Position a tealight wick and tab assembly in the centre of each candle soon after pouring the wax and allow to set.
- When the candles are fully set, gently remove them from the moulds and arrange on a suitable plate or tray to burn.