Love is in the air, and we’re all fixed for a romantic night in here at Making Your Own Candles! We picked up some silicone moulds, intended for making cupcakes and ice cubes in, from our local £1 shop and made cute little heart shaped candles in them. 200g blended paraffin wax made 2 larger and 12 small candles. We used a blend of 2g Windsor red dye and 0.5g Plum Purple to create a warm rich red colour, and we scented our candles with a rich Cherry scent.
An alternative if you prefer a container candle, would be to use our lovely little range of heart shaped tins to make some candles in – our Pro-C container wax will give you excellent results! And when you have burned your candles, you can refill the tins in time for your Anniversary celebrations!!
Here’s what I used;
- 200g blended paraffin wax
- 3g dye
- 10ml scent
- Wick and Tab assemblies for tealight candles
- Heart shaped silicone cupcake case and ice cube tray
- Wash silicone moulds
- Melt 200g blended paraffin wax in a double saucepan
- Add 3g dye and stir
- When the wax is fully melted, add scent and stir
- Switch off the heat and pour your wax into the moulds slowly and carefully – remember with a small mould the wax will fill the space available very very quickly!
- Position a tealight wick and tab assembly in the centre of each candle soon after pouring the wax and allow to set.
- When the candles are fully set, gently remove them from the moulds and arrange on a suitable plate or tray to burn.