We’re delighted to announce that our book “Your Craft Business: Step by Step” has just been published and is available on Amazon. Written for the UK market by Kevin Partner of MakingYourOwnCandles.co.uk, this book provides practical, detailed advice and a series of milestones to get your craft business off the ground. It also includes extensive case studies from other successful craft businesses.
The book covers:
- What you need to know about how business works
- How to come up with, and test, your product range
- 3 methods for working out the right price and why you should never compete to be the cheapest
- Plain English guidance on dealing with HMRC and other government bodies – including direct links to the resources and forms you need and advice on companies, tax, regulation, accounting and insurance
- Setting up at home – including specific advice on equipment and software
- Online marketplaces, including eBay and Amazon
- Top tips for success at Craft Fairs
- Your website
- How to promote your business and bring in the customers – online and in the real world
- The seven secrets of success.
Creating a successful craft business is not rocket science but, to do it successfully, there are certain things you must know. This book captures the lessons learned since starting MakingYourOwnCandles, along with the experiences of other British craft businesses- both long established and recently set up. If you’re looking for the nitty-gritty, this is the book for you.”